Sunday, March 20, 2016

What I Expect

          

          All humans who are repeatedly overwhelmed become identified with states of anxiety and helplessness.  In addition, we bring this helplessness to many other situations that are perceived as threats.  We make the ‘decision’ that we are helpless, and continue in many varied ways to prove this victimization to ourselves and to others.


          At certain points in my life I have been a victim of abuse, but it is my decision whether or not to behave like a victim for the rest of my life.  At times I still give in to the helpless feelings even in situations that I have the resources to master.  Sometimes (in what is known as a counter-phobic reaction), I attempt to disprove what I don’t like about myself by deliberately provoking danger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment