Sunday, August 28, 2016

How to Deal with People Who Have Borderline Personality Disorder.



Never fight fire with fire.  When things get too heated, further discussion can come later when the atmosphere is more settled.  When I am hitting a low, I’ll let you know, and I will try to function as well as I can.  If you just met me, I will maintain a low profile.  I may seem shy but I’m not.  This is the Bipolar disorder talking as well.  I will act out impulsively, destructively, and this will frustrate you.  These impulsive acts will arise from a sea of stability and take you off guard.  When there is no crisis, I initiate one.  Some of the angry ones might come out, but then Shame and Guilt will take their place.  There will be no warning.  If I speak harshly to you, or if on the off chance I lash out, it is because you are important to me.  Some Borderlines threaten violence, but I’d rather retreat to my room.  Many Borderlines are attracted to people who physically overpowering.  We want to get it over with.  We provoke our loved ones so that the abandonment doesn’t drag on.  We initiate. 

1 comment:

  1. "When there is no crisis, I initiate one."

    People sometimes tell me the same, or suggest that I 'chill' inside. But since this life remains our opportunity to be seriously-intense in a place where there actually is another option (apathy)... I used to build my own cares for others [ie., 2nd grade lunchroom sharing our lunch box contents on a common table], but now I just wait for the Spirit of God to move me, and He's always up to plenty, and so now (to some) I seem more impulsive-crazy-like than ever. [2 Corinthians 5:13]
    Jesus Christ is initiating extraordinary reality in us. Thanks for sharing another facet in common bond!

    ReplyDelete